My nine-year-old son is the center of my universe. This is the story of his childhood as it unfolds. Please read the first post, "Why I started this blog," to know more.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Liking Mommy, for a change!

During the Christmas week, I worked only half-days at the office, choosing to spend time with my son during his school holidays. One morning, went to a mall I normally never take him to. There was some aimless wandering, some eating of junk-like food and a couple of tussles over what he could and could not buy. But it was worth it. At least I could spend time with him. He likes that.

One morning that week, he didn't want me to leave for work. Which is unusual, because normally, he can't wait to get rid of me. :) But none of his friends were around and his father was alternately glued to the TV or to the computer.

The little fellow finally decided he wanted to play with the Kaleidoscope puzzle (650 rupees well spent) so I dropped him off at my parents, where he keeps the set. It was a relief to leave him a contended kid. Have a good day, Poppet!

No comments: